Sunday, April 23, 2006

The Whipping Boy

The cascading drops of innocence from my obliterated face,
I die every time you look at me, and every time you look away
The sharp edge of the razor-like, lashes at my trembling bared heart
I stand at the door with outstretched hands, fingers clawing and clutching,
You make sure not to catch my eye in this midst of this pogrom,
My long fingers mean nothing to you.
The windows have long been bolted, the door stands in violent mockery
of all that has been lost, slipping away.
I cringe, quake. There is no sign of that higher power to stop all these
Throbbing on my colourless face, this branding of an idiot.
I remember the “woman suit” of that James Gumb,
The ecstasy in the hiding of a whipped, withered soul,
My feet slip. But I cannot fall to that other side.
My drooping eyelids can take the merciless whipping of the 21st year.
My fall - will it register, even as the poignant, vacuous fizz of the
Fall of lit ash on water?
My heart pleads for disaster.
But my soul stirs as the birds fly up to the damned sky through bare brown trees.
So clear, so blue.



P.S.- James Gumb alias "Buffalo Bill",was the psychopathic serial killer in the 1991 Oscar-winning movie "The Silence of the Lambs", who killed and skinned women to tailor a"woman's suit" for himself to make himself into a woman.

3 Comments:

Blogger HING TING CHOT said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:25 AM  
Blogger HING TING CHOT said...

Bravo ...young poetess...I am really awed by the magnanimity of your writing skills .....I really had to do some research on what a " Whipping Boy " actually was in order to visualize the imagery ...however i suppose the pain was worthy of the result ....
surely was a wonderful read ....hope to read more of your contemplative ideas ...in the future...

1:52 AM  
Blogger Arindam said...

had just heard bout ur writing prowess...am overawed after reading this post!!surely was a wonderful read...just try to be a bit more frequent on blogoshere from now on...

4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home